Saturday, February 12, 2011

Happy Chinese New Year-Year of the Rabbit 2011


I just couldn't resist and had to make one of these cards ( napkin fold card ) that I saw on Carol's,
( gingerbeary8 ) website. It was so amazing and beautiful. She is such a great artist. It was basically easy to figure out the fold but the tedious part (and many days later) was getting all the triangles done and figuring out what to put on them. As far as the center goes don't even ask. Three centers later I was finally satisfied with a Digi ( Swing Shift Designs ) that I found, because out of like a billion stamps I don't have a simple rabbit.
( make note: look for stamps with all of the Chinese Zodiac ). I used some Digi paper and gold and red shimmer paper. I also used my Cricut cartridge Pagoda for the dragonflys and the two corners. One is Harmony and the other is Happiness. I used mixed micro beads around the Digi and gold and silver Dew Drops. I also put a cardboard easel on the back to make it stand up. I hope you like it. Thanks to Carol for such beautiful ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment